pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

6.26.2012

Travel Tips and Tidbits w/ Rachel from Cute Vintage

Hi All, I'm starting a new summer series called Travel Tips & Tidbits, where I email other bloggers about blogging and what they've learned through their travels. If you want to join in, be sure to email me, I would love to hear your stories!
 Hope you enjoy!

To start us off we have Rachel, from the incredibly awesome blog Cute Vintage 

1. Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Rachel, blogger over at Cute Vintage. I like to photograph steet art, thrift and drink copius amounts of chocolate chai tea. During the day I work with suits-and-boots in the city, and when night falls I'm over in East London with my camera trying to find the latest underground hideout.




2. When/Why did you start blogging: November last year. I wanted to start my own online vintage shop and set up the blog in conjunction with it...6 months on, I called the shop a day, but the blog stayed. I feel really lucky to live in East London and want to make sure every inch I see is documented over on CV.



3. Tell us your dream trip: My heart is set on India right now. I've been trying to plan a (pro-longed) trip out there for what seems like forever. I'd like to start in Delhi and then work my way round the west coast to Kerala. In my mind there's me, a yoga mat and a lot of dahl. In reality it'll be more: me, a backpack stuffed full of overly packaged cosmetics and a lot of sunburn. 


4.. Your favorite place in the world: I want to say Cape Town. I went here the summer I turned 18. It was my first ever trip into the world without family or friends. I have a lot of ace memories connected to Cape Town: Long St. in particular. But, I think my favourite place in the world (at least right now) is Berlin. Everytime I'm there it's a different experience - and the grunge scene coupled with the Parisian feel that Berlin has, really appeals to me. It's not all minimal techno and war memorials - but both are worth at least a look. Stay at the Circus, walk everywhere and definately speak to strangers.


5. Favorite food/ where do you find it: Peanut chicken, with rice and plantain. Every Saturday on Broadway Market, East London. Second stall on the left, passed the Cat and Mutton. 


6. Any great travel tips/ secrets? Always have your dad on speed dial.

Thanks Rachel! Be sure to pop on over to her blog 

2 comments :

  1. ha, i love the tip to always have your dad on speed dial. for me, it would be my mom. adore her!
    and going to india i'm sure would be such a dream vacation. all great shots. and what a fun little interview ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TJ. I was laughing at the speed dial comment too! If all else fails, call your parents!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips