pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

10.02.2012

Mexico Day 1

The Flight: Seattle to Dallas (3 hours) + 2 hour layover
Dallas to Cancun (2.5 hours) 
The Drive: Cancun to Playa del Carmen (1 hour)
We've arrived! 
Hour 1 in Mexico: Straight to the bar (swinging while drinking a margarita = BLISS)
 Post bar beach inspection:
My "office" for the next 7 days
 Our 2nd porch: the first room, decorated to the max with balloons and "just married posters," was also the room of choice for a huge bat.  So, after being swooped by that bat (at 2 am) that hung a foot away from the bed, we were promptly moved to a bungalow right on the beach. We owe the bat one!
 The lobby...I could live in there
 My vehicle of choice for the week:
 Off to day 2...

15 comments :

  1. Oh my god - I am terrified of bats and have actually woke up screaming from a nightmare that a bat swooped at me in the night. I'm certain that if it happens in real life, I may never recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely gave me the creeps! We walked right up to it, and it was just hanging and not moving- so creepy!

      Delete
  2. A swing bar?? That's too much. Just too much! I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! and why are there not swinging bars in the states!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Wait - was this your honeymoon? Looks like you had fun either way!

    Please come link this post up to 'The Places You'll Go' Travel Party on my blog. It's all about experiencing places, and this post is perfect! :)

    http://letbirdzfly.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-places-youll-go-travel-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bailey! This was pre-wedding (it was a destination wedding!). Can't wait to go check out your "travel party!"

      Delete
  4. I love all these swing items- bar swings, hanging beds, hammocks, looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I didn't even put it together about all those pictures, but I think I was fascinated by anything swinging!

      Delete
  5. We honeymooned in Cancun (Live Aqua) and I can't wait to go back!! Your photos brought back lovely memories - I hope you enjoyed every last second there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely enjoyed myself, probably too much because it is hard adjusting back to reality! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh yeah this hotel rocks
    Exactely what I would need right now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips