Our last trip to Kuala Lumpur was almost two years ago now but I can still remember loving the capital of Malaysia. So instead of bore you with details, here are a few of my favorite things from KL:
1. The mega-malls. It is so damn hot in this city, that the only respite from the heat is to head into the malls. There are numerous mega-malls with amazing stores, but the best part about them is their movie theaters! We went to countless movies, each costing a mere $4! Some theaters gave you blankets, others you sat on a bean bag...and the theaters were always nicer than the ones I've been to in the states!
2. The districts: there is a china town, a little india, and tons of beautiful architecture throughout the city.
3. We were lucky enough to visit KL during their New Year celebrations, and they were so colorful, loud and fun!
4. The food. This is my favorite memory from Malaysia is all the delicious food. You can't go wrong (well you can if you don't eat the street food). We definitely suggest sitting down at a local cafeteria style place and ordering dosa!
5. One of the strangest things that happened to me in KL was when I was sitting at an outside table, zoning out on my computer, I looked to my right and there was a giant monkey just strolling right by me. I watched him and he just continued his journey onward, using the sidewalk like it was just another commute home from work. Only in Asia!
If you want to read more about our trip in Malaysia:
Here is our first experience in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
An old Wanderlust Wednesday in Penang, Malaysia
Another Wanderlust Wednesday in Malacca, Malaysia