pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

5.15.2013

wanderlust wednesday; getaria, spain

Located on the coast of northern Spain, the small town of Getaria is an idyllic Basque getaway. This small but gorgeous fishing village is also home to world renowned wine (i'm sold) and beaches! It can't get any better than that! When I lived in the south of Spain, the farthest north I traveled was to Barcelona, but I am kicking myself for not making it to Basque Country. On the upside, I now know that when I get to the Basque Country,  I will most certainly stay at the Hotel Iturreggi, in Getaria. 
This boutique hotel was built over the ruins of an old farm house and surrounded by Txakoli vineyards. If farm ruins and vineyards aren't your thing, there is also an incredible view of the coast line and Getaria's lighthouse, which will most definitely win you over.
 This hotel's interior is my dream! It is thoughtful, not too cluttered, but still cozy.



 And the exterior isn't too shabby either.

I could imagine many nights wandering though the cobblestone streets of Getaria...
photo

And many days soaking  up the sun and swimming in the Bay of Biscay.
photo
photo

Have you ever been to the Basque Country or Getaria?

2 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh I love the interior too, especially that bathroom!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. packing my bag : ) i love cute little boutique hotels! they just have so much more character and charm! what a a great getaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips