pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

6.04.2013

jerusalem: a cookbook

I constantly browse 101 cookbooks, by Heidi Swanson. Her recipes are always fresh with a nod to global influences. And this morning while browsing for recipes, I stumbled upon a post she did about the cookbook Jerusalem. I've seen this cookbook before and never picked it up because I had no clue what Jerusalem-eque food is about. But, i'm heading out the door to buy it now, because Heidi posted a delicious looking Fattoush recipe that has my mouth watering.
 
Fattoush is basically the best kind of  salad because it incorporates a lot of naan or pita. The recipe is a bit more involved than most salads, but it looks absolutely worth it. You can find the recipe here.

  Nothing is better than a cookbook with a lot of beautiful photos.

*All photos via 101 cookbooks

9 comments :

  1. A salad with bread in it? Sign me up... yum!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I attempted to make it and it was delicious!!

      Delete
  2. That cookbook is awesome! I bought it for my mom for Christmas this year, and having been to Jerusalem recently I can attest to the fact that the recipes looked very authentic and delicious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man...I definitely need to go and grab this cookbook now!

      Delete
  3. That looks so yummy! I would trade lettuce for bread any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I borrowed "Jerusalem" from the library, and it's a WONDERFUL cookbook. So much so that I bought my own copy. :) I'm looking forward to trying his recipe for Shakshouka. Mmmm......("Plenty" is the other one by Ottolenghi - also fantastic.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I will have to look up Ottolenghi! And thanks for the reminder that you can rent cookbooks at the library! I totally forgot how awesome that is!

      Delete
  5. It's one of the best cookbooks I've come across in a long, long time. My friend Beth and I loved it so much we created Tasting Jerusalem, a virtual cooking community that explores Middle Eastern cuisine through the lens of the Jerusalem cookbook. We invite you to join us! It's on Tasting Jerusalem on Facebook, Pinterest and Google+. On twitter, we use the hashtag #tastingjrslm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Thanks for the invite! My husband is part syrian/Lebanese and I would love to start cooking some authentic dishes for him!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips