pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

6.11.2013

polish lemon poppy seed cake

Ugh! I wan't this now! Seattle has a large Polish population and every year there is a Polish festival celebrating the culture, mainly through food. If I had known that lemon poppy seed cake would be involved, I would have tried a little harder to weasel my way into the festival.

  

Smitten Kitchen, one of my favorite baking sites, posts a wonderful rendition of lemon poppy seed cake inspired by her mother, who is Polish. You can find the recipe here and glance at Smitten Kitchen's beautiful photos below.

3 comments :

  1. Lemon poppyseed is probably my favorite flavor of baked goods of all time. I will definitely be trying this recipe soon! As well as scout out the nearest Polish food festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love how moist lemon poppyseed cake is. I never knew it was Polish though. My grandma used to make one that was awesome but sadly at 85 she has pretty much stopped baking! =(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips