pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

12.31.2013

road trip day 41: st. augustine, florida


Located in Northeastern Florida, St. Augustine is the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the United States. It was founded in 1565 by a Spanish admiral and occupied for over 200 years by Spain. The Spanish influence is evident to this day. The streets of St. Augustine reminded me of walking around in Granada, Spain, where I studied abroad during college.





There is a great walking street in this little town with tons of bars and shopping, but what I really loved is the hotel turned college.  The Ponce De Leon hotel was originally built by an oil magnate to attract the wealthy and elite to Florida. The hotel was later decommissioned and is used to this day as Flagler College.  It is stunning and i'm pretty sure if I was 19 again,  I would be hightailing it here to go to school.




1 comment :

  1. Ah this looks so lovely. I'm actually supposed to be visiting St. Augustine in 2014! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips