pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

1.03.2012

Recap: NYE

Thankfully, yesterday was a "work" holiday, so I decided to take an extra long weekend from blogging as well, which is why i'm doing a very delayed NYE recap. So bear with me...  

We spent Dec. 31st skiing at Schweitzer, which apparently is the only mountain in the country fully operating, I guess there is a serious lack of snow everywhere else...we lucked out with ok snow and sun!

The drive up to Sandpoint (a little town at the base of the mountain)
 My chauffeur

 The view from the top
After the last day of skiing in 2011, we drove back home, did a 30 second turn-around into our "uptown clothes" (Brian's new getting dressed nicely phrase).

I pulled out a little DIY star crown in under 30 seconds, definitely a record!
The idea was courtesy of my friend Cassidy (inspired by A Cup of Jo), who made an adorable one last year.

DIY Star Crown

Need:
1 sheet of sparkly foam paper with a sticky back (you can find in the children sections of Michaels or Jo Anns)
Ribbon

Do:
Cut out stars
Cut out ribbon to fit as a head band
Peel the back of the stars and stick them to your ribbon (and in my case my hair, which hurt, so avoid that)

Seriously, that is all! I didn't have a star stencil so my crown was a little wonky, but it was still wearable...




Leaving Lilly for the night, she was none to happy...
We then rushed out the door to downtown Spokane and met up with friends (Cassidy, of said headband idea). It was a great New Years, which i've heard sets the tone for the rest of the year to come...


I hope you had a lovely evening, filled with champagne, friends, and a kiss at midnight! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips