pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

1.14.2014

road trip day 48: the day we found a bar in whole foods

As we pull into Naples, Florida I had the oddest feeling of deja vu. It didn't occur to me until later that Naples looks as if it it sprung out of the pages of Better Homes & Gardens, or Martha Stewart Living. This place is scrubbed clean and manicured to the nines. After multiple state parks and grubby towns, it felt nice to be somewhere that was so, well, clean. It wasn't until we parked the Nugget that I realized that we were way out of our league. The Nugget was parked next to a BMW and we, being dirty travelers, were now walking alongside people impeccable attired in business casual. I did what I usually do when I feel out of place and pretended I looked great (ripped jean shorts and all). We went strolling the streets and wandered our way through the mansion lined avenues towards a huge swath of white sand beach.

One of the many mansions:

I always feel at home on the beach and I had a hard time leaving it, but hunger was calling and we couldn't afford to become hangry. We hunted down a Whole Foods and as we walked through the sliding doors into an air-conditioned food wonderland, I spotted a bar! A bar in Whole Foods! Seattle has three whole foods, and not one of them has a bar. I don't know why this made me so happy, but I was frickin' ecstatic! We both picked out dinner amongst the food bar and then sat down to a nice glass of wine, all without leaving my happy place. It was the BEST DAY EVER! (And Naples wasn't too bad either).

The beach right in front of the mansions:

1 comment :

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips