pinterest Facebook bloglovin Tumblr

2.03.2014

road trip day 58-60: new mexico

Upon leaving Austin, we prepared ourselves for a full days drive. We were not looking forward to it, but I wanted to push onto Santa Fe. So we drove and drove and drove some more. North Texas is a vast expanse, full of cows and fields. We passed a mass-production cattle farm, which had a mile radius of the worst smell i've ever encountered. We dry heaved for a solid ten minutes before we were able to breath again (I vowed never to never eat animals again). Anyways, Texas would not end. We made it to Lubbock, spent a night in a Wal-mart parking lot and then continued on the next morning. New Mexico's scenery proved to be a bit more interesting than Texas'. We started to see strange government signs and huge dishes displayed in the fields. I'm not sure what they were for, but they gave me the creeps! And naturally, Brian decided he wanted to get an up close and personal look at these things...As we neared Albuquerque, I received a telephone call from my mom, warning me of  a huge storm heading our way. I was stubborn and forced Brian to continue on to Santa Fe, because I had to see it. Unfortunately, he listened to me and we ran smack dab into the huge storm. We decided to spend the night in a motel so we didn't freeze to death. We spent a total of 30 hours in Santa Fe before we hit the road again, this time beelining it to Arizona, in hopes that Arizona was above freezing.  (The snow storm shut all the businesses in Santa Fe down, so there was literally nothing to do). The frozen Nugget, not looking very inviting. 

1 comment :

  1. I love the picture of that chocholate house with the snow falling! That's crazy though, I wouldn't picture snow in Santa Fe!

    <3 Daryl
    Unlost

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips